By Chicago artist Abbott Pattison (1916-1999). After receiving his B.F.A. from Yale in 1939, and a stint in the Navy, Pattison returned to his native Chicago. From the 1950s through the 1970s, he traveled to Italy to cast his bronzes at the renowned Marinelli Foundry in Florence. Pattison’s works are in the permanent collections of the Whitney, the Art Institute of Chicago, the Corcoran Gallery of Art, and the Farnsworth Museum, among others.